You can now integrate Google Webmaster Tools with Google Analytics to access Search Engine Optimization (SEO) reports. These reports give you additional insights to improve your search engine rankings in Google. Google Webmaster Tools provides you with information about how your website is performing in organic (free) search results on Google. This is important for SEO because you can see the number of times your website shows in results (impressions) along with clicks, giving you an indication of how relevant your website is in relation to what people are searching for.
Follow our steps for setting up Google Webmaster Tools (if you haven't already done this) and then you can link your accounts by following these steps;
1. Navigate to the 'Search Engine Optimization' reports under 'Traffic Sources'
2. Click on any of the report options ('Queries', 'Landing Pages' or 'Geographical Summary')
You will see the following message if you are linking the tools for the first time (please note you need to be an administrator in order to link the tools);
3. Click on the 'Set up Webmaster Tools data sharing' button
4. You will now be taken to the 'Edit Web Property Settings' page
5. Click 'Edit' under 'Webmaster Tools Settings'
6. Select the website (within Google Webmaster Tools) that you want to link to Google Analytics and click 'Save'.
7. You will be taken back to the 'Web Property Settings' tab in Google Analytics. If you would like to apply the data to additional profiles you can select them here and click the 'Apply' button.
You will now be able to access your SEO reports inside Google Analytics.