Get the competitive edge with greater insights into your audience!
Understanding your audience to improve content and marketing has always been important. Targeting messages for engagement, click-through-rates and conversions based on demographic information has become more important for digital marketers over the last few years, especially for those running display ads. Google Analytics is now bringing valuable demographic insights to your existing Google Analytics views.
Based on a combination of the dc.js (DoubleClick) tracking code and the powerful classifiers created by the Google Display Network (GDN), you will now be able to see your audience segmented by age ranges, gender and a comprehensive list of interests in dedicated sections of Google Analytics Audience Reports. Google Analytics has also announced a further integration of the demographic data, which will allow you to apply these new attributes on top of existing reports using segments to provide deeper insights into your customers.
Marketers can use these new demographic insights to inform key marketing decisions including:
- Checking the appropriateness of campaigns for certain age groups
- Identifying well-performing demographic groups and unexpected outliers
- Add customers to marketing lists based on a combination characteristics and behaviour
- Compare preferred flow paths of different audiences
- Identify preferred engagement and conversion points of different audiences